Monday, July 20, 2009

rumors and scandals

Well, here's the situation. I have formally resigned my position as editor for Mystic Moon Press. In addition, I have also sent a registered letter pulling all of my contracts due to non-payment. I have not received royalties, or payment for editing since 3rd quarter of last year, therefore I had no choice.

This saddens me greatly, and rumors are flying as the senior editor and other staff members have also resigned. Fictionwise no longer offers books from Mystic Moon Press and it is my understanding that others will follow suit in short order.

Supposedly the owner cashed the payments received for sales and kept the money for herself. This is an unsubstantiated rumor at this point, but one I think is likely. Regardless of the truth, I will be either seeking a new publisher or hopefully opening my own publishing company catering specifically to Canadian authors.

Thank you to everyone who purchased my works, the fact that you enjoyed them is far better payment than any monetary amount could ever amount to, yet money does keep food in my belly. So, please be patient, Chroma Shift - Assassins' Paradise (sequel to the exciting Assassins' Treaty) is finished and will be published as soon as the rights to the series revert to me.

Tiger's Return is well underway, but I haven't yet finished writing, with all the craziness of the past week. Still, I will continue to update you all, though I always update my website first, so if you want the news as it happens, visit http://canauth.ca

til next time, keep reading!

No comments:

Free Advertising