Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pain and humiliation

Well, it's just my luck. My leg was healing well, a few more months of working out and I might have been well enough to work (Although my physiotherapist kept saying that from day one, so who knows if that's true). Either way, it's not gonna happen now... Coming down the stairs last week, my knee on my good leg gave out (The surgeon had told me about the Crepitis in the knee, but it didn't buckle often, so it shocked me when it did happen)
Of course I put out my other leg to stop the fall, but missed the step (a couple of steps actually) and landed with my leg stretched out, the knee locked. This had the unfortunate effect of jamming everything together in the leg. This in turn fractured my Tibiae Plateau, or in layman's terms, the little ball part where my shin meets the knee. So here I sit, cast on my leg, going into surgery on Friday and hoping it will heal faster than the last one, cause I don't think I can stand being out of work for much longer. Sure, I'm getting some money now from the Insurance company, but not as much as my paycheck would bring.
"But Kevin, you're an author" you might say. Trust me, author's don't make a lot of money...publishers seem to make it by the truck load, but we author's are the same as any other staring artists (Unless you're super famous like Stephen King).

So, money and sanity are my two main reasons for wanting to get better. This couldn't have come at a worse time. With the release of Tiger's Realm, I had all sorts of things planned to promote the novel. If I'm not better by November, I'll have to cancel my book signings, which I was really looking forward to. Tiger's Realm is the best book I've ever written and i really wanted to get out there and let everyone have a chance to buy it. Keep your fingers crossed for me and maybe I'll sign your copy too!

Aside from that, I wanted to add in again that the contest for Assassins' Treaty is still open. We have not received a correct answer, so pick up a copy today and solve the riddle!

til next time, keep reading!

No comments:

Free Advertising