Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Torture and suffering

Me again, I know it's been a bit since my last post. It's hard with this darn broken leg. Obviously I am alive and well after my surgery, which is great. The operation was a success, a metal plate was placed just below the knee to secure my Tibia plateau. I had to wait for two days afterthe operation before they could put a cast on it, those were miserable days,but I'm feeling a bit better now that my cast is in place. It's bright orange, in honor of the upcoming holiday (My favorite time of the year!) It's not all roses and wine though, I'm always in pain, but more so when I sit at a computer. Thankfully my girlfriend brought one down to the living room for me to use. It's a hard road living with a broken bone, but I'll survive. The worst thing about it is the itching. I know everyone says that about a cast, but it's worse, because I have a large incision below my knee, so I can't shove something down there to scratch with. If I did, I' likely tear out a few staples. So it's not just the pain, it's pure torture. I wonder if they did this to people in POW camps? Anyone with information about that is welcome to pass it on o me.

On the professional side of things, Tiger's Realm has come back from the printers and I'm just waiting to receive my galley from the publisher. I'm so excited to see the book in print! my next article should be coming out in October's edition of Futureale magazine, I'll ell you more when I know more. I received a review for my "Hunted By Chaos" short story and was pleased with hat I red, check out the review. Don't forget that you can also read the companion to that story completely for free, it's called "Flight into Chaos".
The cover art fr my next short story has been finished and an be seen here. I think it looks really creepy, which is great since it's my first horror/thriller story.

Til next time, keep reading!

No comments:

Free Advertising