Friday, July 18, 2008

Busy week!

Sorry everyone!
It's been a hectic week up here in the great white north. I'm going through edits on six different stories, I've agreed to do an article on the National Film Board for a Futureale magazine, and to top it all off, still haven't finished unpacking yet. I know, get off my butt and get to work...

Anyway, I took a little break from everything last night. Joanne and I went to see "Journey to the center of the Earth 3D". It was a fantastic movie, Brenden Fraser did a wonderful job as usual. I really like his acting style. Rather than go over the tired old plot from the Jules Verne novel, the writers went with a fresh story that paid homage to the famous author's work.

The 3D is incredible, I haven't seen a 3D flick since I was a boy and they had those red and blue goggles. The technology has come a long way. My only complaint was that some parts appeared blurry and I found it hard to focus on the action in some scenes. Having said that, it was a full house and I got stuck in a seat off the the side and a little too close to the screen for my liking, so that previous comment should be taken with a grain of salt.

An interesting thing to note, is that there are two Journey to the center of the Earth movies that were released this year. the 3D one is Brendan, but the other is a Canadian film. I've picked up a copy of it and will let you know what I think once I've finished watching it.

'til next time, keep reading!

1 comment:

Matthew Forsythe said...

Hey I work at the NFB - what's your article going to be about?

Free Advertising