Thursday, June 12, 2008

Reading is a lost art :(

You heard me, Reading is a lost art! So many people I talk to just aren't into reading for fun. Sure everyone has to read reports and letters and bills. Why is it that everyone escapes to the TV instead of a good book?
I enjoy television and movies as much as the next guy, but reading has it's rewards as well. I can't imagine giving up any of these pastimes.
If you think I'm wrong, and that reading is alive and well, then you should help me out. Sign up for a free account at Squidoo and join my group! I'll post the link below and in a month, we'll see if I was right or wrong.
Honestly, I'd join just for the pleasure of proving I don't know what I'm talking about.
Here's the link to my group, you can even comment without signing up for an account, so at least give it a peek and post your thoughts!

The Lost art of reading


'til next time, keep reading!

1 comment:

TheLonelyArtistClub said...

Couldn't agree more. Found your post on the coffee shop group and came here from there.

Reading is amazing and every time I see a statistic about how much reading is dropping it actually hurts.

I'm on a hiatus for the summer, so I've been reading quite a lot. I've posted several book reviews of my recent reads on my site (lonelyartistclub.blogspot.com). If you're familiar with any of those books I'd love your comments. If not, leave me a note with some of your reading suggestions and let me know if you'd like to know some of my top picks.

Free Advertising