Monday, June 9, 2008

Walking with old friends on Memory lane!

Another week and there's still not much to talk about folks. The weekend was great, even if it was a little too hot (read as record breaking high temperatures) up here in Canada. Still, you won't catch me complaining about it, I'd rather have 108 F (Around 34 for you fellow Canadians) than to have even a cm of snow on the ground.

Let's see now, I guess Facebook is still a big thing for me, I found out this weekend that an old friend from high school is a very successful author, you've probably heard of her, Michelle Rowen. Of course, Rowen was not her name back then, I think it's a pen name. It's amazing the people you run in to on that darn website. Michelle had a knack for the dramatic, which made her so fun to be around. I remember this one time, I may have said something to offend her...okay, I totally did, but then out of the blue she just stabs me with a pencil! I wasn't hurt of course, thanks to a denim jacket ;) Hmmm, reading that over, it sounds kind of bad, but it wasn't, we all had a big laugh and the day carried on as usual. I remember it fondly, just as I remember Michelle. Check out her website at http://www.michellerowen.com/

Another friend, Shawn Bentley has an album being released in August, Johnny Deerest(as in John Deere) is the name of the group. I'm looking forward to it because Shawn was always so talented back then. He has a website, but hasn't actually done anything with it yet, still if you like to watch birds circle overhead, check it out and bookmark it, because it will be good once he gets his butt in gear. http://johnnydeerest.com/

Speaking of getting off of one's butt, I suppose I should get around to making a website. I'm not sure if I want to though, I enjoy this blog much more than I would my own website. Less work really, all I have to do is spout off about whatever is on my mind.

It's been an enjoyable walk down memory lane, if you haven't tried Facebook yet, I highly recommend it. Especially if you knew me in the past, I want to hear from all the people I've lost touch with, you know who you are!
'til next time, keep reading!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

you are fantastic!!!

a kiss for you, my dear friend!

god bless u dear

can we exchange our link

r u ready to do?er

Free Advertising